SHERLOG - operating software
The SHERLOG operating software can be put to a variety of different uses, ranging from the operation of an individual measuring device to the administration of complex groups of measuring devices.
All applications in one software package
The operating software always includes the full range of SHERLOG functions. However, the number of devices which can be managed is staggered and can be extended by means of upgrades.
The ergonomic graphical user interface, designed according to the Windows® Fluent concept, is geared to meet real-world requirements and provides a wide range of functions, including the following:
- Flexible configuration for optimum customisation to measurement tasks with due consideration of the network model
- Fully automatic operation of the measuring system with
- Long-distance data transmission
- Determination of fault type and fault location
- Printout or dispatch of fault reports or quality reports
- Records are archived in a database
- Online monitoring
- Easy-to-use manual functions for data evaluation and report creation
- remote configuration
- Can be used with several screens (optimum overview, a wealth of information at a glance)
Online access to instantaneous measurement values
All measured or calculated quantities can be called up online and displayed on a PC without affecting the data recording which is currently in progress. The measurement values can be combined within display windows, rather as they can be in a control centre system. In addition to numerical display, the system also provides a range of graphical options, including analog pointer instruments, vector diagrams, bar graphs and oscilloscope displays.
The configuration module takes into account the actualities and requirements of modern power supply systems in a very practical way. Measuring range parameters can be entered in the form of transformer ratios, while lines and bus bars can be configured using appropriate network models. The device parameters and specific configurations for individual measurement locations are saved and managed in a database.
Evaluation of fault records
The software contains a comprehensive range of powerful analysis tools for the assessment of recorded data:
- Useful zoom functions and variable scaling
- Simultaneous display, superimposition and synchronisation of more than one fault record
- Vector displays
- Harmonic analysis on the basis of full waves or to IEC 61000-4-7 with interharmonics
- Nyquist plot
- Determination of fault location
- Freely configurable absolute and delta measurement cursors
- Formulary and formula editor for the calculation of further power system quantities
- Individual report creation using the clipboard
- Automatic report creation
The powerful fault locator can characterise faults quickly to support maintenance staff as well as calculating the fault loop and detailing the fault type, fault impedance and fault location.
Mathematical signal analysis
A formula editor can be used to make further mathematical calculations within fault records. The results are added to the fault record as an additional signal.
Grid quality analysis
Grid and power quality analysis can be carried out to EN50160 and include the following:
- Slow changes with trend analysis
- Event recording with signature display
- Flicker analysis
- Harmonic analysis
- Analysis of interharmonics
- Event classification and assessment (UNIPEDE, ITIC, etc.)
- Graphical display of extreme value duration distribution
- Table overview of limit value violations
- User-defined limit value and analysis settings
- Automatic generation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Import and export functions enable data to be exchanged between different systems using standard COMTRADE, CSV and PQDIF file formats.