SHERLOG CRX - components
The basic CRX device contains the following equipment:
- Housing: 19“ (84HP/3U)
- 8 Status LEDs
- 3.5" colour graphical display with touch operation
- 4 function key
12 free slots to accommodate:
- up to 6 analog modules
- up to 8 binary modules
10 freely configurable relay outputs for status and alarm signals or limit value violations to be issued to control systems or to be used to switch loads on or off, for example.
- 8 potential-free relay contacts
- 2 electronic relay outputs
- 2 x RS232, 1 x RS485,
- 2 x USB-A, 1 x USB-B
- 1 x Ethernet (TCP/IP, RJ45)
- Electric Interlink interface for networking several SHERLOG CRX devices
- for the purposes of time synchronisation and cross-triggering
- Internal real-time clock
The following components can be integrated as required for the task in hand:
The basic equipment of the SHERLOG CRX includes a wide-range power supply unit for flexible powering.
A built-in DC power supply unit can also be provided as alternative or additional equipment.
- Wide-range power supply unit (85…265 VAC / 90…350 VDC)
- Optional power supply units (9…18 VDC, 18…36 VDC, 36…72 VDC)
redundant power supply
SHERLOG CRX can accommodate two independent power supply unit modules for redundant mains operation. Two different power supply units can be chosen if required (e.g. a wide-range power supply unit and a 24 VDC power supply unit).
Each power supply unit has its own power input with power switch, a status display and a potential-free monitoring contact. The status of the power supply unit is also monitored internally and notification of the status can be provided when needed, for example in e-mail form.
The optional synchronisation module allows exact time synchronisation to various time standards. To provide optimum flexibility, the module is equipped with various inputs for external time signals as well as a built-in GPS receiver. The desired synchronisation interface can be selected in the SHERLOG operating software.
- On-board GPS receiver with SMA antenna connection
- Optical (STII) and electrical (RS 232) GPS telegram and time pulse input (NMEA-0183, PPS/PM)
- DCF77 pulse telegram input
- Seconds/minutes pulse input (PPS/PPM)
- IRIG-B input for B001, B002 and B003 telegrams
Fibre-optic interface module
Optional interface module for connecting SHERLOG CRX devices by means of a fibre-optic loop and for integration in optical TCP/IP networks.
- Optical Ethernet interface for integrating SHERLOG CRX in fibre-optic networks
- Optical Interlink interface for connecting a number of SHERLOG CRX devices for the purposes of time synchronisation and cross-triggering by means of a fibre-optic loop
- Second electrical Ethernet interface (RJ45)
Analog module with 8 universal inputs
Analog module with 8 separate and fully galvanically isolated inputs for AC/DC measurements.
Each individual input features a selection of 4 measuring ranges for universal use.
SMABecause of the absolutely linear frequency response, all the analog inputs are suitable for AC or DC quantities however they are configured and provide excellent accuracy across the entire frequency range.
- Voltage measurement
- Current measurement with external sensors (shunts, current clamps, etc.)
- Measurement of low-level signals
- 300 VAC / ± 420 VDC
- 200 mVAC / ± 282 mVDC
- 700 mVAC / ± 1000 mVDC
- ± 20 mA
Separate 16 bit A/D converter per channel, sampling rate 200 kHz Calibration data on board (plug & play)
Analog module with 4 current inputs
This module is equipped with 4 separate and fully galvanically isolated current inputs and is designed for direct connection to instrument and protection transformers.
Each individual input features a selection of 3 measuring ranges for universal use.
- 10 AAC IN = 1 A, Imax = 10 x IN; IN = 5 A, Imax = 2 x IN
- 40 AAC IN = 1 A, Imax = 40 x IN; IN = 5 A, Imax = 8 x IN
- 100 AAC IN = 1 A, Imax = 100 x IN; IN = 5 A, Imax = 20 x IN
- Separate 16 bit A/D converter per channel, sampling rate 200 kHz
- Calibration data on board (plug & play)
Binary module with 16 inputs
16 channel acquisition module for binary status signals with galvanic isolation. The inputs are divided into 4 groups of 4 channels. Each group has one common reference point.
The special input circuitry of the binary inputs is designed for operation with voltages between 24 and 300 V. Signal misidentifications due to transients which can be caused by switching operations, for example, are effectively eliminated.
- 16 binary inputs in 4 groups of 4 channels
- Response threshold: 24 to 300 VDC
- Resolution: 0.1 ms
- Up to 8 input modules (128 binary inputs) possible
SHERLOG CRX: example of possible configuration