17. czerwca 2021, - 3D measurement and inspection
Precise inspection of various processing steps in tube manufacturing is gaining enormous importance. On the one hand, it is important to automate processes, on the other hand, it is indispensable for a cost-efficient production to detect rejects as early as possible.
If defects are only detected during the final inspection or even after delivery to the customer, they lead to extremely high costs.
The requirements for accuracy and fast, process-reliable inspection, up to 100% inspection of the components directly in production, are constantly increasing.
The LOTOS 3D measuring systems are used both for quality inspection of the tube pieces and for process control and defined alignment for the next processing steps.
Thereby LOTOS systems check for example:
- Geometries from cross-sectional contours through to free-form surfaces
- Positions and geometries of holes and laser cutouts
- Length, straightness, perpendicularity and flatness of the tube pieces
- Processing states of tube ends, such as chamfers or fillets of tube edges
- Correct alignment to a defined position based on geometric features